Yoga in the Workplace
The ancient healing modality of yoga is quickly making its way into the workplace all over the country. More and more companies, both big and small, recognize the value of incorporating a yoga practice into their workday as a part of their corporate wellness program to create a healthier and happier work environment.
- Reduce stress
- Increase productivity
- Improve employee health
- Save on healthcare costs
The Facts: High Stress = High Costs
- Job stress costs U.S. companies about $300 billion annually through absenteeism, diminished productivity, employee turnover and direct medical, legal and insurance fees. (The American Institute for Stress)
- Stress is the cause of nearly all of the doctors visits in the U.S. (The American Institute for Stress)
- Workers who report they are stressed incur health care costs that are almost 50% higher than other employees. (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health)
- Companies spend $14,000 per employee per year on medically related productivity losses. (CorSolutions, Inc.)
The Answer: Wellness
- One very easy, low cost way to alleviate many of these issues is to incorporate a wellness practice into your workplace. Wellness practices are easy to implement and are a fraction of the healthcare costs that your saving
- 25% average reduction in health-care costs for well-designed wellness programs (American Journal of Health Promotion).
- Companies save $3-$6 for every $1 invested in wellness programs
- Increase in general well-being in the workplace, which reduces employee turnover, reduces absenteeism, and increases productivity